[Rd] Refresh every minute

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 23:10:58 CEST 2011

On Sep 7, 2011, at 22:30 , Schatzi wrote:

> That works perfect. Thank you.

Also, for an async solution, try something along these lines

library(tcltk)
f <- function() barplot(rpois(4, lambda=3))
g <- function() {f(); if (run) tcl("after", 4000, g)} # reschedule after 4000 ms
run <- TRUE; g()

To stop it:

run <- FALSE

(With this structure, the time to run f() is added into the interval between invocations. For tighter timing control, reschedule before running f(), but then you'd better be sure it completes in time for the next iteration.)