[Rd] Revision of shell.exec?

Brian Oney zenlines at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 17:08:00 CEST 2011

Hi Steve,

a quick look at "browseURL" will tell you that indeed "system" or
"shell.exec" (on a windows platform) is used to open up a URL.
The "open " part of the proposed function was written to work on a Mac.
Because Mac is a unix platform, I assumed that the function "open" would
be omnipresent on unix platforms, my mistake. Well I guess, we know how
to make to work on a mac.

I will make the transition to Linux and get back to this in a while, ok?

Cheers,
Brian