[Rd] Is it possible to pass a function argument from R to compiled code in C?

Jeffrey Ryan jeffrey.ryan at lemnica.com
Tue Sep 20 20:12:49 CEST 2011

You can't call "R" code as if it is C code.  It is R, and requires
that it be evaluated.  How would your C know what to do with an R
pointer...

.Call is more efficient than .C, all the time.  Check this list and
experiment.  That said, you can still call "just C" within the .Call
"R" function, it really is 'just C' in there.

Probably something like a simple example of what you are trying to do
would help the list steer you into the right direction (steer, since
you seem to be missing something in your thinking on this...)

Best,
Jeff