[Rd] R CMD check file issues

Nick Sabbe nick.sabbe at ugent.be
Sun Sep 25 10:04:55 CEST 2011

In my particular case, the antivirus appears irrelevant (turning it off does
not change anything ; admittedly, turning 'off' an antivirus program through
its user interface may still involve some background meddling - stubborn
creatures they are, these AVs)

Either way: since this is the only place I know of where R has problems with
the slow filehandling in Win7, a solution may be to check repeatedly (with
some delay and a timeout) after the delete calls whether the files are
actually gone.

Ugly, I admit, but since our Redmond friends don't provide it...

Nick Sabbe
ping: nick.sabbe at ugent.be
link: http://biomath.ugent.be
wink: A1.056, Coupure Links 653, 9000 Gent
ring: 09/264.59.36

-- Do Not Disapprove