[Rd] Finding inter-function dependencies within a package

Mark.Bravington at csiro.au Mark.Bravington at csiro.au
Fri Sep 30 02:07:39 CEST 2011

Hi Keith

'foodweb' and friends in the 'mvbutils' package should do what you're after.

For example, I just tried this on the 'debug' package:

> ff <- foodweb( where=asNamespace( 'debug'))

> # Now either just eyeball the dependency graph that 'foodweb' produces, or more formally:

> callers.of( 'find.debug.HQ', ff)
 [1] ".end.incarnation"          ".onLoad"                   "bp"                        "check.legality"
 [5] "debug.eval.guts"           "debug.q"                   "debug.Recall"              "debug.with"
 [9] "debug.within"              "dismiss.debug.window"      "enact.command.r"           "eval.catching.errors"
[13] "evaluator"                 "find.active.control.frame" "get.mtraced.callers"       "launch.debug.windows"
[17] "qqq"                       "set.global.debug.vars"     "stepping"                  "try2"

HTH
Mark

--
Mark Bravington
CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences

ph (+61) 3 6232 5118
fax (+61) 3 6232 5012
mob (+61) 438 315 623