[Rd] Compatibility problem with R-2.9.0 and R-2.14.0

harold.petithomme harold.petithomme at meteo.fr
Fri Apr 6 13:05:33 CEST 2012

Hello all,

Using classical glm function with binomial family, I experienced a problem when using predict() over
a glm object.
I found that family objects built on R-2.14.0 contain elements like :
.Call(C_logit_link,...)

But on R-2.9.0, the object C_logit_link can not be found. Instead, this prior version used to call
more simply :
.Call("logit_link",...)

which causes no problem.

Is it possible to use R-2.14.0 family objects on prior R versions ?

I may have missed some note in R changes but tried some research at least.
Many thanks for help.

Kind regards,
Harold

Harold PETITHOMME
Equipe Données et Outils de Prévision (DPREVI/COMPAS/DOP)

Météo France - Direction de la Production
42, avenue G. Coriolis.
31057 Toulouse Cedex
France

Tel : (33/0)5.61.07.82.85