[Rd] [patch] giving library() a 'version' argument

Ken Williams Ken.Williams at windlogics.com
Fri Apr 13 17:22:56 CEST 2012

From: Martin Maechler [maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch]

> Indeed nowadays,  packageDescription()  *)  *does*
> use the correct package version, by inspecting the "path"
> attribute of the package, in the same way as
>           searchpaths()

Yeah, that's what I suspected, but only from reading the code of packageDescription().  It doesn't seem to mention this in the docs.  And I wasn't 100% confident from reading the code, in case it was a 'promise' or something like that.

I'm willing to write a doc patch but it'll take a few days, I'm traveling.

---
Ken Williams, Senior Research Scientist
Applied Mathematics Group, WindLogics Inc.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is for the s...{{dropped:7}}