[Rd] I wish xlim=c(0, NA) would work. How about I send you a patch?

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 22:20:17 CEST 2012

The simple work around is to use the range function, if you use
something like:  xlim=range(0,x) then 0 will be included in the range
of the x axis (and if there are values less than 0 then those values
will be included as well) and the max is computed from the data as
usual.  The range function will also accept multiple vectors and make
the range big enough to include all of them on the plot (this is what
I use when I will be adding additional information using points or
lines).

With this functionality in range I don't really see much need for the
proposed change, maybe an example on the plot help page to show this
would suffice.