[Rd] Column(row)wise minimum and maximum

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Thu Apr 19 20:39:20 CEST 2012

Oliver,

It is mainly a speed issue (and also compactness!), at least for me.  Using `apply' is so much slower.   I agree with you that having column and row operations available for "basic" stats operations in "base" would be great.

David - I am aware of capabilities in other packages, but I am hoping that such basic operations would be part of "base" distribution.

Ravi