[Rd] Where to store and how to load support data ?

Charles Plessy charles-listes+rd at plessy.org
Tue Apr 24 15:00:35 CEST 2012

Dear R developers,

I am writing a R module, which contains a function that needs support data (a
table with two columns).

I wonder how to make sure the data is available to the function, without making
the function reload the data each time it is executed.  Is it what the lazy
mechanism takes care of ?  Or should I use something like .onLoad ?

Also I am wondering about where the data should be located.  Is ./data appropriate ?

Perhaps somebody can suggest the name of a package that I can study to find the
answer myself ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy