[Rd] C function, double problem

mpietro mpietro at outlook.com
Sat Dec 8 03:26:26 CET 2012

Hi everybody,

here's my problem:

i call a C function which calculates a large number of double values and
puts them into an array which is passed from R as a parameter in the
function (like  .C("function", other parameters, result =  as.double( c ( 1
: quantity ) ).
When the values come back to R in the result array, they are all truncated
to their integer value (i.e. I lose the decimal parts).
I think that the problem is that this calculated double numbers are actually
too long, with many decimals, because i changed in code  the calculated
values with arbitrary double values with a few decimals and it works.

Has anybody any idea of where the problem is?

Thanks in advance!