[Rd] library(tcltk) v. SIGPIPE BUG (?!?)

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 08:45:35 CET 2012

On Dec 11, 2012, at 23:50 , Cook, Malcolm wrote:

> Excellent, thanks for the workaround, that gets _me_ by, for now.....

The real issue is probably yet another symptom of something that can be described as insufficient separation between the R engine and its GUI components. Or: One process trying to serve two masters. It is not fixable overnight, but some of us (me, at least) try to find time to get a handle on it. My take is that it is necessary to set things up as separate threads or processes and define the interface via some sort of message-passing protocol.

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com