[Rd] R-2.15.2 changes in computation speed. Numerical precision?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Dec 14 18:32:26 CET 2012

On 14 December 2012 at 18:19, Uwe Ligges wrote:

| On 14.12.2012 18:11, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| >
| > On 14 December 2012 at 18:07, Uwe Ligges wrote:
| > | without overhead of packages. The CRAN check times of > 4000 packages
| > | are typically a good indicator, and they are a bit slower for R-2.15.2
|
| Please do not quote only parts of my sentences, that one was continued:
|
| "but not that it is generally worrying (since we also run more checks)."

I understand the resource constraint, but the fact remains that on the CRAN
side most-visible package I am involved with now runs _way fewer_ tests than
it used to, making these very comparisons across time a little tricky.

Rock, meet hard place. In an ideal world we had way more tests, and
comparisons among them. But time is, alas, finite...

Dirk