[Rd] Download R

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Dec 17 03:36:20 CET 2012

On 17 December 2012 at 15:05, Charlotte Maia wrote:
| I use Fedora 10.
| I need to update my computer's R version.
| I apologise if this has come up before.
|
| The Debian and Ubuntu download links appear reasonably up to date.

Right :)

| The Suse download links appear almost up to date.
| Unfortunately, the Fedora download links are from 2008/2009.
|
| http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/
|
| Should the Fedora links be removed or updated?

There are some recent(-ish) R binaries in the EPEL repositories. I am not at
work now and hence cannot check, but I got a new rmp-based machines up to
speed a while back when I needed to.

Not sure what to do about the CRAN docs though apart from pleading with
Martyn or whoever looks after the meta-information there.

Hth, Dirk