[Rd] Call function only when running via R CMD check?

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Tue Dec 18 13:00:09 CET 2012

Hi Renaud,

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Renaud Gaujoux <renaud at cbio.uct.ac.za> wrote:
> Hi Henrik (and list),
>
> I am interested in a similar feature, and would be happy to see the
> suggestions you got off-line :)
> Have you come up with a robust solution, which would work in a variety of
> situations (in examples, tests, \Sexpr calls, etc..)?

see queryRCmdCheck() of R.utils.  Example:

# Get the 'R CMD check' status, if any
status <- R.utils::queryRCmdCheck()

if (status != "notRunning") {
  cat("The current R session was launched by R CMD check. Status:",
status, "\n")
} else {
  cat("The current R session was not launched by R CMD check.\n")
}

I haven't tested it with Sweave, but with examples and tests.

R.utils 1.18.0 is on CRAN, but you'd want 1.18.3, because:

Version: 1.18.3 [2012-11-06]
o BUG FIX: queryRCmdCheck() did not detect "tests" evidences when
  'R CMD check' was testing multiple architectures.

It may be another couple of weeks before I submit it to CRAN, but in
the meanwhile you can grab it via:

source("http://aroma-project.org/hbLite.R");
hbLite("R.utils")

Any feedback (positive or negative) is appreciated.

Hope it helps

/Henrik