[Rd] [ping] panel.first for bxp

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 6 10:48:46 CET 2012

This is the wrong place: please file enhancement requests on R-bugs.

But I see no case at all for adding this, and all enhancements to base R
need convincing cases since you are effectively volunteering someone
else to maintain this in perpetuity.  The lack of response so far
suggests that no R-core member is willing to be volunteered.

On 05/02/2012 16:33, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
> Patch: https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2012-January/063147.html
>
> On 30/01/12 18:24, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
>> I am intrigued why bxp does not support panel.first in order to draw a
>> grid
>> behind the boxplots. The advice given here:

You give no example of what you want to do, nor any argument as to why
this cannot be done any other way.  For example, why does bxp(add=TRUE)
not suffice?

>> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2006-April/104608.html

Which is not from a recognized authority ....