[Rd] Creating XML document extremely slow

Titus von der Malsburg malsburg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 17:36:45 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Milan Bouchet-Valat <nalimilan at club.fr> wrote:
> Le vendredi 10 février 2012 à 13:18 +0100, Titus von der Malsburg a
> écrit :
> Just a guess, but I'd try creating all 'Marker' nodes first, storing
> them in a 'markers' list, and then calling addChildren(markernode,
> kids=markers).

A good guess.  I changed the code according to your suggestion and it
reduced the processing time from ~25 to ~3 seconds.  Better but still
ridiculously slow.  When I generate the same XML document by
concatenating pre-fabricated strings, as suggested by Friedrich, the
whole process takes just 10 ms according to system.time.

 Titus