[Rd] Can I use "..." in parallel:::clusterApplyLB?

Slava Razbash slava.razbash at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 07:51:31 CET 2012

Hello,

Can I do the following? Is parallel:::clusterApplyLB() designed to
work like this? The code below is for illustrative purposes only.

library(parallel)

myFunction<-function(myPar1, myPar2, ...) {

    clusterApplyLB(myCluster, x, otherFunction, otherPar1=myPar1,
otherPar2=myPar2, ....)

}

otherFunction<-function(otherPar1, otherPar2, ...) {

   someFunction(somePar1, ....)

}

someFunction<-function(somePar1, somePar2=NULL, somePar3=someVal) {

   ##Do some stuff

}

myFunction( myVal1, myVal2, somePar2=myVal3, somePar3=myVal4)

The intention is that myVal3 and myVal4 get passed to someFunction()
through clusterApplyLB if they are specified.

Best Regards,

Slava