[Rd] executable files R package

sahir bhatnagar sahir.bhatnagar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 20:36:29 CET 2012

I am in the process of creating a package in R which calls
pre-compiled C code i.e. '.exe' files in Windows.

Since CRAN will not accept packages with binary code files, what are
my options to meet the requirements while still including the
executable file?

I read section 1.5.2 of the manual which mentions three options two of
which involve negotiating with CRAN administrators. The third
references the package Cairo which arranges to download additional
software, but I don't see how this will allow my package to get
accepted.

It would seem that I need to ensure that my package works under both
architectures (32 and 64 bit).

1) Would this be sufficient to get it accepted?
2) If so, does anyone have any documentation in performing this task,
or can someone point me in the right direction?

I was told that 'arulesSequences' is an example of a CRAN package
while compiles executables. Was this package accepted because it
worked under both architectures? or are there other reasons.

thanks