[Rd] R CMD SHLIB in Windows XP - No output at all

Lorenzo lorenzo.lucido at asia.bnpparibas.com
Thu Feb 16 01:03:07 CET 2012

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for your help, I am actually using R Windows version 2.14.1 (22th Dec
2011).

Actually by "R CMD SHLIB *.*" I actually meant putting any file name after
the R CMD SHLIB ("R CMD SHLIB convolve.c" for example).
Another case which fails is : creating a Rcpp Armadillo package skeleton
(named MyPackage for example) and trying the R CMD INSTALL MyPackage. Fails
as well on the R CMD SHLIB line.

What I actually don't understand is how the R CMD SHLIB command links to the
RTools cygwin and mingw.
It really looks like the "make" function works in my command line when I use
it directly but the link between R CMD SHLIB and cygwin fails...