[Rd] building r-devel

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Feb 17 20:46:41 CET 2012

Ben,

On 17 February 2012 at 11:31, Ben Bolker wrote:

|   I'm sure I'm being an absolute bonehead (again), but can someone
| suggest what I might be doing wrong?
|
|  Trying to build latest r-devel on Ubuntu 10.04; as recommended in

Happy to take this off-list --- I do build every now and then off R-devel's
SVN because R CMD check really wants to be done again R-release and R-devel
as that is what Vienna does...

I just invoke one simple shell script (which regroups the various configure
options) and have --prefix set to /usr/local/lib/R-devel, and all this works
pretty reliably.  Like you, I do build from the SVN dir. No issues AFAICT.

Dirk

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx