[Rd] Silently loading and Depends: versus NAMESPACE imports

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Feb 24 14:33:12 CET 2012

On 24 February 2012 at 00:27, Suraj Gupta wrote:
| I don't think that is it.  My startup message is currently in .onAttach and I
| still see startup message from packages that I have moved from Imports to
| Depends.
| Dirk?

There are / were are few issues intertwined in my case, and yours may differ:

 - are the messages from your code / packages and you startup messages ?

 - are they from imported packages ?

 - are they from R (reported 'foo being shadowed' or 'generic bar defined')

In my case a combination of using .onAttach and .onLoad (instead of just
.onLoad) together with import directives in a NAMESPACE file solved the
issue, as had been suggested on this list.

Dirk

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx