[Rd] configure-args for R CMD build

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 17:02:34 CET 2012

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Finak, Greg <gfinak at fhcrc.org> wrote:
> I think you need to enclose the arguments to configure-args in quotes.
> i.e.
>
> --configure-args='--with-graphviz=/Users/khansen/Source/usr'

I did, I was quoting the error message, not the command where I use

R CMD build --configure-args='--with-graphviz=/Users/khansen/Source/usr'
Rgraphviz

Note that I said the same command works for R CMD INSTALL.  Also, it
is clearly documented that R CMD build does not support
--configure-args.  My suggestion is that it probably ought to.

Btw, same comment but for R CMD check, which I forgot to mention in my
original post.

Kasper