[Rd] how to check all CRAN dependencies for my package, before submitting

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Wed Jan 18 09:28:28 CET 2012

Suppose I'm author of a package on which quite a few other packages
depend. When I submit to CRAN, I run R CMD check on it, Kurt does that
too, and if things work out fine, it is accepted. When one or more of
the packages that depend on it break because of my changes, however,
hell breaks loose.

I would like to extend my testing (currently: R CMD check pkg) to
running R CMD check on all dependent packages, in their most recent
(CRAN) version. I got stuck trying this.

Does anyone know how to get (i) a list of all packages that depend,
directly or indirectly, on my package, and (ii) a list of file names of
their package sources in their latest version (i.e., including their
latest version number)?
--
Edzer Pebesma
http://www.52north.org/geostatistics      e.pebesma at wwu.de