[Rd] R-devel now triggers nags on notes from vignettes

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Tue Jan 24 17:42:28 CET 2012

I recently submitted a minor update to a CRAN package that passed all
CRAN checks
~ two weeks ago.

Now, I get the response below from the CRAN-check-daemon

R-devel reports

* checking installed files from ‘inst/doc’ ... NOTE
The following files are already in R: ‘jss.cls’
Please remove them from your package.
The following files should probably not be installed:
‘sfheaders.sty’
The following directories should probably not be installed:
‘fig’

Consider the use of a .Rinstignore file: see ‘Writing R Extensions’,
or move the vignette sources from ‘inst/doc’ to ‘vignettes’.

Please fix.

I added a .Rinstignore file to my project, (at top level, same as
DESCRIPTION) containing

inst/doc/fig/
inst/doc/jss.cls
inst/doc/sfheaders.sty

and re-submitted to CRAN, but the same nag notes return again. How to fix?

And, why has the CRAN-check-daemon suddenly gotten so picky about NOTEs,
particularly from vignettes?

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept.