[Rd] [patch] Behavior of .C() and .Fortran() when given double(0) or integer(0).

Pavel N. Krivitsky krivitsky at stat.psu.edu
Sun Jul 1 23:17:13 CEST 2012

On Sat, 2012-05-26 at 14:15 -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> On 26 May 2012 at 14:00, Simon Urbanek wrote:
> | [...] the real answer is use .Call() instead.
>
> Maybe Kurt could add something to that extent to the R FAQ ?

Since it looks like the 0-length -> invalid pointer behavior is here to
stay, I want to second this request. It had taken me a long time to
track mysterious behavior of my package down to this issue, and I think
it would be helpful for developers in the future to have some documented
behavior, even if the documentation said that the behavior was
undefined.

                      Thanks,
                      Pavel Krivitsky