[Rd] Dependency problem for "hasArg"

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini mauricio.zambrano at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Tue Jul 3 09:07:01 CEST 2012

On 02/07/12 22:51, Martin Morgan wrote:
> On 07/02/2012 06:23 PM, Charlie Friedemann wrote:
>> The error message you are getting makes it rather clear what the
>> problem is.
>> R is unable to find the function 'hasArg'. As the hasArg function is part
>> of the package 'methods', a solution would be to put require(methods)
>> at the
>> beginning of your script.
>
> But I think the idea will be to import(methods) in HydroGOF, since the
> package requires these imports to function properly, and import'ing will
> mean that hasArg does not have to be found on the (user-controlled)
> search path.

Thank you very much for your help.

I have already tried import(methods) in the NAMESPACE of hydroGOF,
however, I got the following error message when doing R CMD check:

  checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Namespace dependency not required: ‘methods’

So it seems that is not possible to force a package to import 'methods'.

Regarding the Dirk's comment, could it be possible to revisit the
decision about  loading 'methods' in in Rscript ?. BTW, I do not know
who is responsible for Rscript...

Thanks in advance,

Mauricio
Water Resources Unit
Joint Research Centre (JRC), European Commission
webinfo    : http://floods.jrc.ec.europa.eu/
DISCLAIMER:
"The views expressed are purely those of the writer
and may not in any circumstances be regarded as sta-
ting an official position of the European Commission"
Linux user #454569 -- Ubuntu user #17469
"The only things in life you regret,
Are the risks that you didn't take"
(Anonymous)