[Rd] Use GPU in R with .Call

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Sun Jul 22 13:21:36 CEST 2012

On 07/21/2012 06:35 PM, Raymond wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>        I am a newbie to GPU programming. I wonder if anyone can help me with
> using GPU in .Call in R.
>
>        Basically, I want to write a function that calcuates the sum of two
> double type vectors and implement this using GPU. My final goal is to make
> such an implementation callable from R.

There are many packages already available for R that enable various bits
of GPU functionality.

See the section on GPU's in the High Performance Computing task view:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/HighPerformanceComputing.html

I would suggest examining their code for working examples.

After you've done that, perhaps the R-SIG-HPC list would be a more
appropriate place to continue the discussion.

Regards,

    - Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson