[Rd] Rconfig.h & unsupported architectures

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sun Jul 29 01:59:47 CEST 2012

On Jul 27, 2012, at 5:06 PM, Hadley Wickham wrote:

>> Actually, probably not the issue. You are getting it from one of R's headers
>> so it may have gotten there while you configured R on your machine.
>
> Which I didn't do, since I got a pre-built binary from CRAN.  I guess
> I'll try re-installing and hope the problem goes away.

What compilers/OS is this? The error comes from the multi-arch header stub so it dispatches depending on the architecture to the actual headers in the arch subdirectories, but the error means that your architecture is not installed/supported. This is rather odd, unless you're trying to use PPC on more recent OS X without Rosetta but even then ... If in doubt, sudo rm -rf /Library/Frameworks/R.framework and re-install R ...

Cheers,
Simon