[Rd] Build fails with sysdata.rda in R dir

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 16:37:33 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am getting a strange error with 15.0 which I've not seen with previous
versions of R.

If sysdata.rda is included in R directory of the package I am getting:

R CMD build betfairly.roxygen/
* checking for file ‘betfairly.roxygen/DESCRIPTION’ ... OK
* preparing ‘betfairly’:
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* excluding invalid files
Subdirectory 'R' contains invalid file names:
  ‘getMarketTradedVolume.Rd’ ‘sfdsfsd’
* checking for LF line-endings in source and make files
* checking for empty or unneeded directories
Removed empty directory ‘betfairly/inst/doc’
* looking to see if a ‘data/datalist’ file should be added
Error in if (any(update)) { : missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed
Execution halted

If I remove the data everything is fine:

@~/works/betfair$ rm betfairly.roxygen/R/sysdata.rda
@~/works/betfair$ R CMD build betfairly.roxygen/
* checking for file ‘betfairly.roxygen/DESCRIPTION’ ... OK
* preparing ‘betfairly’:
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* excluding invalid files
Subdirectory 'R' contains invalid file names:
  ‘getMarketTradedVolume.Rd’ ‘sfdsfsd’
* checking for LF line-endings in source and make files
* checking for empty or unneeded directories
Removed empty directory ‘betfairly/inst/doc’
* building ‘betfairly_1.2.1.tar.gz’

If I manually adding sysdata.rda after build then checks run ok.

Vitalie.

R version 2.15.0 (2012-03-30)
Copyright (C) 2012 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: i686-pc-linux-gnu (32-bit)

You are welcome to redistribute it under the terms of the
GNU General Public License versions 2 or 3.
For more information about these matters see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.