[Rd] Win 64 package build - ERROR: loading failed for 'x64'

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Jun 24 16:09:13 CEST 2012

On 24 June 2012 at 08:00, John Nolan wrote:
| I did use the name Makevars.win, sorry for mistyping the name in my message as Makevar.win.
|
| I changed the extension on the library names from *.lib to *.a in the output below precisely to avoid complaints from this list; sorry for the confusion caused by missing 2 occurrences.
|
| The 64 bit library works fine: I can compile, link, and run a stand-alone test program that uses the 64 bit library test_win64.a.  Since that works fine, I suspect the problem is somewhere in the process where R builds and links the 64 bit DLL.  It may be a configuration problem, but if so, I don't understand why it does not show up in the rcmd build stage?

In cases like this I prefer to carry things over from working examples.

Try looking at a similar problem --- I often go back to the "digest" package
as it is plain, simple, just plain C, without external dependencies.  If your
package has other languages or dependencies, try to find something that
matches its profile. The compare the setup, and the output created when
running the relevant commands.

Dirk