[Rd] Julia

oliver oliver at first.in-berlin.de
Sat Mar 3 02:14:13 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 11:06:51AM -0600, Douglas Bates wrote:
> My purpose in mentioning the Julia language (julialang.org) here is
> not to start a flame war.  I find it to be a very interesting
> development and others who read this list may want to read about it
> too.
[...]

Very interesting language.
Thank you for mentioning it here.

Compiling from the github-sources was easy.

Will explore it during the next days.

Seems not to be very specific to statistics,
but good for math in general.

Not sure, if it might make sense to combine
R and Julia in the long run (I mean: combining via
providing interfaces between them, calling the one via the
other, merging code or using libs from the one or the other
from each side).

Ciao,
   Oliver