[Rd] Task View on Numerical Analysis and Differential Equations

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Thu Mar 8 16:40:38 CET 2012

Dear Hans Werner,

I like the idea overall.  Nothing prevents you from doing this, but you should be committed to getting it up and running and then keeping it updated.

In addition to concurring with Berend's comments, I also would like to mention that numerical analysis (NA) is an extremely broad category.  I am not sure how to restrict that in order to make the taskview manageable.  How about including (i) convergence acceleration of sequences, (ii) fourier transforms/wavelets, (iii) function approximation and special functions of mathematical physics?

Best regards,
Ravi

P.S. I have a package called "eiginv" for solving certain types of inverse eigenvalue problems (e.g., generating a matrix of a specific structure with a given set of eigenvalues)