[Rd] Eigenvalue calculation of sparse matrices

Kjetil Halvorsen kjetilbrinchmannhalvorsen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 00:02:29 CET 2012

Hola!

This can be done with the CRAN package igraph, which contains (part
of) the arpack
library for computing only some eigenvalues/eigenvectors of sparse
matrices. arpack gives you the option of computing a few of the
smallest or a few of the largest eigenvalues/vectors.

You will need yourself to wrte a function doing matrix-vector
multiplication, so the arpack
methods itself is independent of the implementation of your sparse matrix.

Kjetil