[Rd] --as-cran and need to ignore.svn directories

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 17:00:55 CET 2012

Good morning:

I submitted a package update to CRAN and got a bounce because I had
not run R CMD check with "--as-cran".  I'd not heard of that before,
but I'm glad to know about it now.

I see it warns when my functions do use partial argument matching, and
I like that advice very much.

Also I see this warning

* checking package subdirectories ... WARNING
Found the following directory(s) with names of version control directories:
  ./.svn
  ./R/.svn
  ./data/.svn
  ./inst/.svn
  ./inst/doc/.svn
  ./inst/examples/.svn
  ./vignettes/.svn
These should not be in a package tarball.

Is there a way to cause R to ignore the .svn folders while running R
CMD check --as-cran or R CMD build?

It seems a little tedious to have to copy the whole directory tree to
some other place and remove the .svn folders before building. I can do
it, but it just seems, well, tedious. I have the feeling that you
"frequent flyers"  would have worked around this already.

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science    Assoc. Director