[Rd] S3 methods with full name in documentation?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Tue Mar 20 21:40:03 CET 2012

Hello:

       Is there a recommended way to inform "R CMD check" that a
function like "as.numeric" is NOT a method for the S3 generic function
"as" for objects of class "numeric"?

       I ask, because I'm getting "NOTE" messages for many function
names like this (e.g., "density.fd" in the "fda" package):  If there
were a way to tell "R CMD check" that a function name is NOT a method
for an S3 generic, it would make it easier for me to see the messages I
should take seriously.

       Thanks,
       Spencer