[Rd] enableJIT() prohibits usual R debugging

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:12:18 CET 2012

  >> I can't reproduce this in either 2.14.1 or R-devel.

  > Hm .. I cannot reproduce it, nor with the latest R-devel, nor with 2.14.2
  > anymore. Some local glitch or something ...

Instead I can reproduce similar problem as pointed by Feng:

compiler::enableJIT(1)
foo <- function(){
    browser()
    cat("here\n")
    cat("here\n")
}

foo()

and then "n RET". Everything is skipped.

If this is the intended behavior then a very loud note would be really
welcome in the "compile" help page.

Thanks,
Vitalie.

> version
               _
platform       i686-pc-linux-gnu
arch           i686
os             linux-gnu
system         i686, linux-gnu
status         Under development (unstable)
major          2
minor          16.0
year           2012
month          03
day            20
svn rev        58793
language       R
version.string R Under development (unstable) (2012-03-20 r58793)