[Rd] drawing the graph with many nodes

MSousa ricardosousa2000 at clix.pt
Tue Mar 27 11:14:49 CEST 2012

Good morning,

I'm trying to draw a graph, and I'm using the following code.

test.matrix<-read.table("~/Desktop/Results/testgephi.csv", header = T,
sep=",")
colnames(test.matrix) <- gsub("X", "", colnames(test.matrix))
#drop first column
drops <- c("")
test.matrix<-test.matrix[,!(names(test.matrix) %in% drops)]
test.matrix
test.matrix<-data.matrix(test.matrix)
am.graph<-new("graphAM", adjMat=test.matrix, edgemode="directed")
am.graph
plot(am.graph, attrs = list(node = list(fillcolor = "lightblue"),edge =
list(arrowsize=0.5)))

The file testgephi.csv is following.
"","1","2","3","4","5"
"1",393,55,66,44,88
"2",44,23,47,57,89
"3",57,87,98,456,43
"4",77,767,86,32,77
"5",43,88,23,76,46

  In the example graph of the drawing works well, the problem is when I'm
trying to draw the graph from a file wih A graphAM graph with directed edges
Number of Nodes = 217
Number of Edges = 32804

is there any package or tool that can draw a structure like this

   Thanks