[Rd] CRAN policies

Paul Gilbert pgilbert902 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 20:59:40 CEST 2012

An associated problem, for the wish list, is that it would be nice for
package developers to have a way to automatically distinguish between
NOTEs that can usually be ignored (e.g. a package suggests a package
that is not available for cross reference checks - I have several case
where the suggested package depends on the package being built, so this
NOTE occurs all the time), and NOTEs that are really pre-WARNINGS, so
that one can flag these and spend time fixing them before they become a
WARNING or ERROR. Perhaps two different kinds of notes?

(And, BTW, having been responsible for a certain amount of the
   >[*] Since answering several emails a day about why their
   >results were different was taking up far too much time.
I think --as-cran is great.)

Paul