[Rd] CRAN policies

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Wed Mar 28 16:07:05 CEST 2012

On 27.03.2012 20:33, Jeffrey Ryan wrote:
> Thanks Uwe for the clarification on what goes and what stays.
>
> Still fuzzy on the notion of "significant" though.  Do you have an example
> or two for the list?

We have to look at those notes again and again in order to find if
something important is noted, hence please always try to avoid all notes
unless the effect is really intended!

Consider the Note "No visible binding for global variable"
We cannot know if your code intends to use such a global variable (which
is undesirable in most cases), hence would let is pass if it seems to be
sensible.

Another Note such as "empty section" or "partial argument match" can
quickly be fixed, hence just do it and don't waste our time.

Best,
Uwe Ligges