[Rd] f951.exe: sorry, unimplemented: 64-bit mode not compiled

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sat May 5 02:48:36 CEST 2012

Hello:

       Under my Windows 7 system, "R CMD check
DiercxkSpline_1.1-5.tar.gz" fails because:

f951.exe: sorry, unimplemented: 64-bit mode not compiled in

make: *** [bispev.o] Error 1
gfortran -m64     -O2  -mtune=core2 -c bispev.f -o bispev.o
f951.exe: sorry, unimplemented: 64-bit mode not compiled in

make: *** [bispev.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'DierckxSpline'

       A similar problem was reported for package "glmnet"
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10291189/compiling-glmnet-failed-in-windows)
plus one with R 2.14.2
(http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Problems-when-building-a-package-for-Windows-64-td4464488.html).
However, I get this with R 2.15.0 and the latest R tools (reinstalled
earlier today).  On R-Forge, DierckxSpline has "Build status:  Current",
which suggests that R-Forge does NOT have this problem.  I read through
the two replies to these two earlier questions without seeing how to fix
my problem.

       Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

       Spencer Graves