[Rd] Object-oriented programming (OOP)

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Tue May 15 16:29:00 CEST 2012

R has multiple OO paradigms, but since you're starting from a point of
"I want object oriented," I'd guess you would be interested in the S4
paradigm which is stricter rather than the far more sane S3 system.

If S4 is for you, there are some good links here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4143611/sources-on-s4-objects-methods-and-programming-in-r

See also the relatively new "Reference Classes" -- I don't have much
documentation on those, but you could start here:
http://www.bioconductor.org/help/course-materials/2010/HeidelbergNovember2010/ReferenceClasses-Morgan.pdf

Best,
Michael