[Rd] Evaluation without the parent frame

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Thu May 17 14:27:55 CEST 2012

Duncan,
   I agree completely with "don't use attach"; if I could get all the
users of the survival package to agree as well the problem in question
would go away :-)  I'm thinking about ways to add more effective error
surveillance.
   Your suggestion was not horribly complex and I'll look into it
further.  My first foray failed because what I want (I think) is the
environment that they had when the first ">" came up.  I tried baseenv
in a spot, but then my code couldn't find the model.frame function.

Terry T.