[Rd] possible bug in "R Editor"

Wincent ronggui.huang at gmail.com
Thu May 31 08:04:59 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I clicked "File-New Script" to open a R Editor, typed some commands in
it and then saved it to a file. If the location where I tried to save
the script contained Chinese Character, R Editor complained,

Error: invalid input 'E:\Some.Chinese.Characters\new_file.R' in 'utf8towcs'

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.15.0 (2012-03-30)
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=Chinese (Simplified)_People's Republic of China.936
[2] LC_CTYPE=Chinese (Simplified)_People's Republic of China.936
[3] LC_MONETARY=Chinese (Simplified)_People's Republic of China.936
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=Chinese (Simplified)_People's Republic of China.936

attached base packages:

[1] tools_2.15.0

--
Wincent Ronggui HUANG
Sociology Department of Fudan University