[Rd] if(!CRAN()){...}

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Nov 1 20:00:55 CET 2012

Hello, All:

       What changes are being considered / planned in the management and
funding of CRAN and R-Forge to handle the near-exponential growth in the
number of packages?

       I ask, because the developers for fda were asked to cut the test
time on CRAN to below 5 seconds per *.Rd file.  After spending a few
days on this, we reluctantly eliminated tests using if(!CRAN()){...} in
the \examples.  Restricting test times and similar changes will keep the
current system running a little longer, but would not seem to be
adequate long term.

       Thanks,
       Spencer