[Rd] Depends/Imports/Suggest/Enhence

Allen S. Rout asr at ufl.edu
Tue Nov 6 19:08:55 CET 2012

On 11/06/2012 12:49 PM, Uwe Ligges wrote:

>>   - 'Depends:foo1' if there is a function in foo1 that my package use often
>
> No, better make use of Namespace imports all the time and only use
> "Depends" if you really need the other package to be installed. This is
> rarely needed.

Could you discuss this further?  It seems counterintuitive to me.

I'd expect every package which my package code calls to be a dependency.

We're short of vocabulary for the true pedants here, because I could see
the vignettes being described as something "my package calls", but I
don't mean that.

- Allen S. Rout