[Rd] BibTeX entries in CITATION file

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini mauricio.zambrano at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Thu Nov 22 18:13:21 CET 2012

On 22/11/12 17:36, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 22/11/2012 11:28 AM, Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini wrote:
>> Dear List,
>>
>> While trying to define a customised CITATION file for a package,
>> following R-exts, I realised that if I use only one 'citEntry' I got
>> both a text description and a BibTex entry for the package, as for the
>> 'nlme' package:
>>
>> --------------------------
>> citation('nlme')
>>
>> To cite package 'nlme' in publications use:
>>
>> Jose Pinheiro, Douglas Bates, Saikat DebRoy, Deepayan Sarkar and the
>> R Development Core Team (2012). nlme: Linear and Nonlinear Mixed
>> Effects Models. R package version 3.1-105.
>>
>> A BibTeX entry for LaTeX users is
>>
>> @Manual{,
>> title = {nlme: Linear and Nonlinear Mixed Effects Models},
>> author = {Jose Pinheiro and Douglas Bates and Saikat DebRoy and
>> Deepayan Sarkar and {R Core Team}},
>> year = {2012},
>> note = {R package version 3.1-105},
>> }
>>
>> -----------------------------------
>>

>> BUT, if I use two or more 'citEntry' in the CITATION file (e.g., for the
>> manual and a book), the bibTeX entries are NOT shown any more, and only
>> the text description for the two or more entries are shown, as for the
>> 'boot' package:
>>
>> -----------------------------------
>> citation('boot')
>>
>> To cite the 'boot' package in publications use:
>>
>> Angelo Canty and Brian Ripley (2012). boot: Bootstrap R (S-Plus)
>> Functions. R package version 1.3-7.
>>
>> Davison, A. C. & Hinkley, D. V. (1997) Bootstrap Methods and Their
>> Applications. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge. ISBN
>> 0-521-57391-2
>> -----------------------------------
>>
>> Is there any way to show the two bib entries for cases similar to the
>> 'boot' package ?
>
> toBibtex(citation("boot"))
>
> should do it.

Thank you very much Achim and Duncan.

However, I was not clear enough. My question is if there is any way in
which I should modify the CITATION file of my package in order to show
the two or more bib entries automatically. For example, when you type:

citation("boot")

my expected output is something like:

------------
To cite the 'boot' package in publications use:

  Angelo Canty and Brian Ripley (2012). boot: Bootstrap R (S-Plus)
  Functions. R package version 1.3-7.

  Davison, A. C. & Hinkley, D. V. (1997) Bootstrap Methods and Their
  Applications. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge. ISBN
  0-521-57391-2

  BibTeX entries for for LaTeX users are:

Is there any way in which I can achieve this ?

Mauricio
Linux user #454569 -- Ubuntu user #17469