[Rd] Is there an automatic method for updating an existing CRAN package from R-forge?

Paul Gilbert pgilbert902 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 18:30:38 CEST 2012

Yes, the button is still there if you are logged in and unhide it. (You
probably also need the appropriate developer permission.) Beware that
R-forge needs to indicate the package build status is current, but also,
if you have just made svn updates it may falsely indicate current. Check
the revision number is accurate, or wait a couple of days, or submit "by
hand".

If you do submit by ftp to incoming, beware that the CRAN policy now
requires that your email state that you have read and agree with the
CRAN policies. (Probably everyone else noticed that, but there is no
need for others to generate extra work for CRAN maintainers, like I have
just done.)

Paul