[Rd] Licensing concerns in porting S-Plus code to R libraries

Louis Bajuk-Yorgan lbajuk at tibco.com
Thu Oct 18 04:47:54 CEST 2012

Hi Chris

Thanks for asking about this. In general, 3rd parties aren't allowed to modify Insightful (now TIBCO) code and then re-release it under a different license, since we own the copyright to the code. However, we strive to be strong supporters of the R community, and to make contributions where we can, so I'd be happy to discuss potentially giving you permission to do so. I'd have to consult with our internal legal team on the details.

Please contact me directly at lbajuk at tibco.com so we can discuss.

Regards
Lou

Lou Bajuk-Yorgan