[Rd] R-2.15.1 CMD CHECK output: "Call Sequence"

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Oct 20 16:50:41 CEST 2012

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012, Mark Cowley wrote:

> Hi guRus,

> i'm running R-2.15.1 and the R CMD CHECK output appears to have
> changed substantially, in that instead of pointing me to the

Changed since when?   This has been the behaviour for years with the
error quoted.

> offending functions or files, I get lots of 'call sequence' traces
> as below.

It is an offending _package_, and it tells you which one in

> Error: package/namespace load failed for ‘metaGSEA’

Package 'metaGSEA' seems not to be installed properly.  It also tells
you that 'library' is involved, so it looks like it is a package load
and not a namespace load.

You have not told us if ‘metaGSEA’ is the package under test or a
dependent.  Given that in earlier 'check' output which you excised the
plausible.

> I've been using R CMD CHECK for years & never seen anything like
> this before. This is on a pretty fresh OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion
> installation, where I installed R from CRAN via pkg. Is this a
> problem unique to me?

Maybe not, but unusual.  It is a lot harder to get a package installed
non-functionally these days, but it can happen if it were installed
with a different version or architecture, or if binary packages are
involved.